bitte auf das Bild klicken für höhere Auflösung
please click on the picture for higher resolution
The Pöllmann Workshop
of the workshop was Hermann Alexander Pöllmann (1864-1937). In 1888, he
established his company in Siebenbrunn, a city near Markneukirchen,
to concentrate on making double basses. His son, Erich Max Pöllmann (1897-1963) grew up in the workshop and began working with his father in 1911.
In 1920, Erich Max decided to open his own shop in the house of his father-in-law, August Ernst Voigt, a violinmaker.
Who was located in Jugelsburg near Adorf Vogtland.
The fourth generation of Pöllmann Master bass makers is represented by Günter’s sons Michael and Ralph. They also grew up working in their father’s shop.